There is so much going on in the world, and in my little corner of it, that I wanted to take some time to reflect on the all little things I’m thankful for every day. These are the little patches of happiness that bring me unmitigated joy, the seemingly unimportant pieces of my life that put a smile on my face and help me look forward to a morning of errand running, a quiet evening at home, or even a day at work. Before I list the things, though, I want to say thank you for YOU, for reading this, for following along, for commenting when you feel led to. I appreciate your thoughts, your words, and your support through this journey. I am grateful for all of it, truly.
My thankful list:
1. Red cups at Starbucks
2. Feet under the Christmas tree
3. Love between brothers
4. A caring touch from my husband
5. A compelling audiobook on my commute to work
6. A surprise package from a good friend
7. Finishing ALL my Christmas shopping early this year
8. The extra quilt on our bed
9. New recipes that turn out right the first time
10. Holiday traditions that our whole family looks forward to
When I notice these things, I pause and take them in. I try to enjoy the moment, to embellish it into my brain, so I can come back to it again and again. There are days when I worry too much about our budget and paying back my school loans and I think to myself, “We have so little.” But the reality is, we have so much.
Happy Thanksgiving to each and every one of you.